IBS 77 - MARK 9:33-35

Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road?” But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”
Mark 9:33-35


Pride. Pride. Pride. The moment I read this I was just like... “guys come on.” And instantly I also thought of myself. Because my favorite past of watching the twelve walk with Him, is how often I see myself I their failures. I can relate to this struggle of wanting to be the greatest. So often my own selfish ego wants to be known and be seen. Going unnoticed hurts. Doing something with no recognition stings. I go about and get things done just waiting for someone to notice. HOW BACKWARDS IS THAT? So often I find myself seeking to be first when I am reminded that Jesus said that the first must be last. What a beautiful life Jesus lived and serving others, He leads us by example. In seeing His life of always being okay with not being known. So much of ministry would look different if we were truly okay with being unknown and just faithfully serve Him. I am reminded of when Jesus said that we must lose our life to find it (Matt 10:25). It is so necessary. May my heart seek Him first and seek to be last. For that is truly when I will live as He did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 71 - PROVERBS 2:4-5