IBS 64 - PROVERBS 23:17

Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the LORD all the day;
Proverbs 23:17


I would be graduating this year. I would be home spending the summer with friends and family going off to college this August and striving for the American dream. That’s what my life would most likely look like if I had continued on without God. And as graduation time came and went and I saw all the pictures and I hear all about the plans I found my self fearing that. Just feeling almost cheated. Like, that was supposed to be me. I should’ve been the one in the cap and gown, saying the speech, getting the scholarship. Then I looked at what I have. I have a relationship with God. Which in the end is the only thing that matters. I get to be a part of a great ministry and love kids as I serve where He has called me to. I I get to share His love and His gospel with people who have no hope. So much doesn’t looks the way I thought, but I have so much more than I ever thought I would. I have a hope in Jesus, I have a calling far greater than the American dream. Yet it’s so easy, so easy to see what we have and feel like we have gotten the short end of the stick. We envy what the world has and the “freedoms” they enjoy, when really they are so enslaved. They are slaves to sin. And we have been redeemed and been made slaves to righteousness. We have been given Jesus. We get to have a personal relationship with the One who loves us and desires to know us. And yet we so easily try to exchange it for the cheap lies this world offers. But I want to be afraid to leave Him, because I know the second I do, I’m going right back to everything that is empty and will never satisfy. Because it’s only Him. Only He is enough. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8