IBS 75 - DEUTERONOMY 1:2-3

It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by way of Mount weir to Kadesh Barnea. Now it came to pass in the fortieth year, in the eleventh month, on the first day of the month, that Moses spoke to the children of Israel according to all that the Lord has given him as commandments to them, 
Deuteronomy 1:2-3



Eleven days. That’s it. Eleven days. Yet forty years later they were finally making it. It blew my mind. When I read this verse and realized how crazy different the story would’ve looked if they had just trusted, obeyed, and believed God. Because of the disobedience and lack of trust they were no longer able to take part in the beautiful promise of God, and it took SO much longer than it could have. That is crazy. It’s crazy because I look at my own life and I see how often I also lack obedience, trust, and belief that God can do as He says He will. I’ve been learning to delight in His word and truth. But I can’t truly until I believe Him. So often I make it harder than it has to be. Because of my own doubts and worries. I can find myself getting irritated reading the Old Testament, like common Israel GET IT TOGETHER. Then it hits hard.. that’s me. How often I forget of my own sin. Still as faithful and gracious as He was toward Israel He is to me. And He will lead me through the wilderness to grow and shape more into who He has for me to be. And I will be able to partake not because I deserve it, but because of His love for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 77 - MARK 9:33-35