IBS 74 - PSALMS 119:141, 143

I am small and despised, Yet I do not forget Your precepts.

Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, Yet Your commandments are my delights. 
Psalms 119:141, 143 

If it were not for His word. So often we can feel overcome by so many things. And His word is the only thing which prevails. It is what gives life. It is what helps us to press on. It is where we can find strength and hope. In His living word. This season of my life has been one of learning to find joy, comfort,and hope in Him alone. And that only comes through searching Him out in His word. I must diligently take of it everyday to know Him better. So often I have felt downcast and alone and I wasn’t sure what to do with myself. Yet He was with me. But I couldn’t hold onto His truth because I really didn’t know it. I have had to learn that His word is what can guard my heart. His word and constantly meditating on it changes my thought life. It changes my day to day because His word is transforming me. That is beautiful. When His word is my delight and my comfort all other trials pale in comparison to the truth that I know. Because His promises are sure. He puts His word above His name and He wants me to seek it out. 

It is a beautiful thing to be able to say I am afflicted but I do not lose heart because I know You are true to Your word, so therefore I will delight and press on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 77 - MARK 9:33-35