IBS 73 - PSALMS 119:71

It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. 
Psalms 119:71 

When I read this my desire was to have this same heart. So often when I face affliction I am grumbling, complaining, and focused on myself. I ask why, stomp my feet and run my mouth. I let my thoughts go wild and I cry and scream and just lose it. I know.. what faith. Jesus told His disciples to be sure that they would face tribulation. As a believer the fact that we will face struggles is not hidden from us. If anything, they are promised to us. Because if the hated Him, why wouldn’t the hate us? Life isn’t easy, and walking with Him doesn’t mean everything is sugarcoated. We have a hope and we know this isn’t the end but it is still difficult. He has given us His word, and He promises to us that He is with us. His word is what comforts our souls when we are afflicted. It is in the affliction that we are truly able to live our and learn what His word says. Because it is more than just reading it and taking notes, or even writing a good blog. But LIVING IT OUT. Doing what we have been called to even in the midst of affliction. True suffering and affliction is what makes us apply His words to our lives. Then we are able to truly say we delight in His word and that it is better to us than anything else. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 71 - PROVERBS 2:4-5