IBS 70 - PROVERBS 14:26

In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, And His children will have a place of refuge.
Proverbs 14:26 


There is strong confidence in fearing God because we see Him. I don’t think I truly understand His entirety. But as we see His greatness. We see how mighty He is. And we stand afraid. But as we draw close in fear of God, we know we don’t have to be afraid. Because He is God. And He loves us. So as we draw near in that fear, we are confident because we know who our God is. And in Him is our refuge. How crazy is that? We have a mighty God, who is our strong tower. Our place of refuge. I can run to Him in my time of need. And I can fight from victory. There is a lot of fear for me at times that I struggle with. Fearing so many different things. But the most beautiful thing I have been learning is of the choice I get to make. In the moment will I choose to continue in my fear or because I am being perfected in love choose Him? Will I choose to run to my strong tower, my safe refuge, my God. And in confidence, with surety, because of who He is, will I stand fast and be bold and have courage? How I long for my answer to always be yes. It is a beautiful promise. And it is not always easy. But. May He continue His work. Because I know He will be faithful to complete it. I will hold fast to His promise. He hasn’t failed. And He will not fail. He is my refuge. He is my strength. He is God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8