IBS 68 - PROVERBS 12:3


A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved.
Proverbs 12:3


The root of the righteous cannot be moved. If the righteous are rooted in Christ that makes sense. But what hit me when I read this was how we can deceive ourselves. We can think that we are so deeply rooted. So firm, then life happens. We go through things that aren’t easy and we are uprooted. But I want to be firmly planted. As my time goes on in Costa, I see how much we need His word to grow. We need to grow deeper in our love and understanding of His word. It changes everything. I know Him more. I love Him more. I also see my sin more. I see how much I lack and how much my sin should separate me from Him. But I also so how He desires to draw me near and make me more like Him. And at the beginning of this year, I realized how shallow my roots were. How long I deceived myself into thinking I was firmly rooted, when really my roots were barely in the ground. He desires for us to grow in Him. And the more we seek Him the more we know Him the more we can stand firmly rooted in His truth. We will be equipped with His word, we will be ready and our hearts will be guarded with His word. We shall be like a tree planted by the river. As we are deeply rooted and growing, flourishing because of our God who brings the increase. As our roots go deeper, we will truly be know by our fruit. Because when life gets hard we won’t be moved. Because we will be deeply rooted in Him.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8