IBS 66 - 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

I have been redeemed. 
This has been a hard truth I have realized I didn’t fully believe. There was a lot of life that was lived before I became a Christian. A lot of mistakes made and a lot of things that one could only wish that they could take back. All of it was hard to live and it is hard to remember now. Because it no longer has to do with the new life in Christ. It’s sad really. How far I had to run and how hard I had to fall, but through it all God gave me a testimony of His goodness, His love, and how He so consistently and constantly pursues us. 
He has been showing me how I don’t live in the newness. I keep walking in condemnation over past sins. I keep walking in shame and guilt. I’m walking in bondage even though I’ve been set free and been made new. I never realized that. I  had been talking about grace and new life and all these things, yet I hadn’t been walking in them. That blew my mind, and it broke my heart. God has given me new life. He has given me Identity. He has given me freedom. He has given me victory. He has restored me. I am no longer who I was, I am not who I want to be, but I am new in Him. In Christ I’ve been made whole, all my past mistakes no longer define me. I am a daughter of God, in the process of sanctification. And I am living every day on by His grace. He has called me out of death into an abundant life and He has made me free and a new creation. He has redeemed me. 

I have been redeemed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8