IBS 63 - PSALM 66:10-12

For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You hace laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment. Psalm 66:10-12


God loves me. That is something I know I can’t deny, especially when everything seems to be going my way and working out just as I want it to. Then times get hard. I can feel the affliction, struggle, I can feel that life is difficult and I’m in the middle of the fire. That it doesn’t feel “good”. And in those moments is when I usually find myself doubting Gods love and goodness. Because how could I possibly be in such a state yet loved. And for the longest time I couldn’t reconcile the two. Yet as time goes on, and I go deeper in my relationship with Him. I realize His goodness and love for me don’t change just because my circumstances or comforts change. Because He in all His love for me knows I can’t stay the same self centered Vanessa that I am. So I must be tested and refined as silver, I must be put through a lot of different things in which I will learn to trust Him. In the seasoning of difficulty i am being pruned, being prepared to bear good fruit. His fruit. And He will bring me to rich fulfillment. Because He doesn’t just leave us in the fire, He is with us. He is for us. And He has a greater purpose. A more beautiful purpose, than I can see or imagine. Because the fire is needed, the trial has a purpose and the affliction won’t lay forever. Because He will bring me to rich fulfillment. He is my rich fulfillment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8