IBS 60 - PSALM 37:7a

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; 
Psalms 37:7a

I have realized that I don’t know how to do this. One, I’m not patient. Two, I have a hard time resting in Him. It’s been an intense week for me. The Lord has been revealing to me how I strive and strive and don’t like to rest. Even as He calls me to. I don’t like the being still. And the problem for me isn’t not doing something because I don’t mind sitting but my mind is still going. Spiritually and mentally I don’t like rest. I grow weary often. Everyday actually. I find myself reaching a point everyday where I just can’t. And the Lord has been taking those moments this week and showing me how He desires to be my rest in that. I don’t have to strive. I don’t have to strive. I don’t have to strive. He is my perfect peace and rest. In Him I am secure and found. And I can wait patiently on Him. He is continually showing me that in my weakness He is enough. Because as much as I “ know “ that truth, and i can quote that truth,and even share it with others, I don’t live in it. Yet everyday this week the Lord has been so good to show me again that in Him is my rest and only He can carry me through a day. Because my heart is restless until it finds rest in Him. And that is my Hope. He is my Hope. I am at rest. On Him I will wait, all the day long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8