IBS 57 - PROVERBS 20:9

Who can say, “I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin”?
Proverbs  20:9


No one. We can’t. It is not possible. We in and of ourselves cannot make ourselves clean. We need Him. Jesus. That was the point of the Cross. It was to cleanse us from our sins by the blood, so that we could come back into fellowship with the Father. Yet I seem to always try and make myself clean. I try to “ pretty “ my sin up and make it better. But I can’t. Still I want to be able to say “ it was me. “ When it can’t be. I see how that is my own pride, my desire to boast. But really all I am doing is like spraying some perfume on a pile of manure. It does nothing. But I know i have a faithful Savior who desires to make me clean. He desires to purify me from within. Because He sees my need to boast and He desires to set me free from it. It’s our nature to want to be self sufficient. But it is when we can see the great need we truly have, that we are able to truly be made clean. We must come to Him in repentance, willing to be made clean and pure and He will be faithful to do it. Because we can’t. It’s not possible for us to make ourselves clean. But our Hope is in Him. And He can, and He does, and He will. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8