IBS 56 - PSALM 16:5-6

O LORD, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance.
Psalms 16:5-6 


Since being here in Costa Rica the Lord has proven Himself so faithful. It hasn’t always been the easiest. Becoming acclimated to ones new surroundings can at times feel so difficult. The first four days in Costa Rica were the hardest. Thought life and doubt were constantly something that needed to be laid down. And God showed Himself faithful. He has been faithfully showing me that He really is my portion and my cup. The days can at times, no matter where we are, feel to be to much to deal with. And that’s something mentally that I found to be a struggle. Not so much my day to day life but my thoughts and the way that affected inwardly what outwardly was being done. My mind was on myself. Because I was not enough to get me though the day. And being focused on my discomforts and self desires just made them harder. But realizing He was my portion was the sweetest most heartbreaking thing. I realized in that moment how in this process of breaking me I had been trying to hold myself together through my day. When He maintains me. Because He is enough for me. And He is enough to be my everything. And I don’t have to rely on myself, or my strength. And in the trusting Him I can enjoy where He has called me. Because no matter where we are there are struggles. There are difficult things but if we are called He will lead us through. The lines have fallen in pleasant places. And here in Costa Rica is where He has me now. So in this I want to be faithful. And I want to be joyful and content. Because I know I am here because He loves me. It won’t always be easy. I won’t always feel great. But He is all I need. He is my beautiful inheritance. My good inheritance. And He will maintain me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8