IBS 51 - MARK 4:10-11

But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
Mark 4:10-11

I remember before I came to Christ reading the Bible and it not making sense. I was trying to make sense of it in my own human understanding. None of it made sense. I didn’t have the Holy Spirit to understand what Jesus was saying in the parables. After coming to Christ it didn’t all suddenly click, but as I sought Him in His word and in prayer, He began to reveal things to me. I was able to see the truth and see how it applied to my life. It isn’t always easy. And He uses the foolish things to confound the wise. I was very secure in my head knowledge and thought I could understand but without seeking Him and having a relationship with Him it meant nothing. Even now as a believer I have to walk carefully. Because it is so easy to find “security“ in the head knowledge. When knowing all of it in our heads does nothing if we don’t truly learn and live it in our hearts and lives. 


Application - I will write “seek His heart“ on my arm as a reminder that He will give me understanding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8