IBS 50 - 1 PETER 4:7

But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.
I Peter 4:7


HE IS COMING BACK. WE GET TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH JESUS. WE’RE ALMOST HOME. I forget that I am living for more than this world. I forget that this isn’t my home. I forget that all my troubles will one day be no more. I forget that this too shall pass. So forgetting that this life isn’t all I have, causes me to live selfishly and to live self focused. I get stuck on the little things. I waste time and lack discipline by focusing on everything I’d rather be doing. It’s easy. It’s easy to make our faith be nothing. To let our relationship with God fall apart. And we let go, because we aren’t focused on Him. We lose sight of what we’re really living for. So we live for so many desires that aren’t Him. We live to look a certain way or act a certain way. And then we justify the way we’re living because we’re selfish. It’s really honestly sad. It’s sad that we live life so aimlessly when we have Hope. We have more than everything we can see. Yet we try so hard to store our riches on this earth. But not only does He call us to be serious and watchful in our prayers but why wouldn’t we live everyday in the great expectancy of our Saviors return? He is coming back for His bride. I am not living a hopeless life. I am not just going through life because it’s what you do. We get to shine for Jesus in everyday of our lives. All for Him. No matter what we do. It’s all for His glory. So watching and praying we will live life for His glory doing all things unto. Because He deserves all our praise and He isn’t leaving us here. He is coming soon to take us home. 


Application- I will write “ eternity “ on my arm as a reminder that I’m moving for more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8