IBS 49 - 2 SAMUEL 11:11-13

And Uriah said to David, “The ark and Israel and Judah are dwelling in tents, and my lord Joab and the servants of my lord are encamped in the open fields. Shall I then go to my house to eat and drink, and to lie with my wife? As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do this thing.” Then David said to Uriah, “Wait here today also, and tomorrow I will let you depart.” So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next. Now when David called him, he ate and drank before him; and he made him drunk. And at evening he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but he did not go down to his house.
II Samuel 11:11-13

David was trying to cover up his sin by having Uriah go sleep with his wife. Yet Uriah was disciplined in remaining faithful to what he had been called. He wouldn’t partake in the “ comfortability “ of being home. Because he knew he was set apart. He was called to more and this wasn’t it. It makes me think of going home. I am so excited. I am so ready to see everyone. But I know that jut because I’m home doesn’t mean I grow comfortable. Because that’s what life was before. It was comfortable and full of compromise and full of sin. I was living for myself. I was living to satisfy my flesh. I was living to just live. And it would be so easy to go home and live as before. But I’ve been called to war. To battle. I’ve been put out there, and even as I go home my brothers and sisters are still fighting. They are still pressing on. I must keep going. I must continue to die to myself. I mustn’t go home and just dive right back into the old life. Because there’s a higher calling. I am living for more than myself. But I know it will be hard. Because home seems to me like “ rest “. But truly, my rest is found in Him. I know I can hide in the shadow of His wings and not be afraid. I know that even though the battle is long and I feel as if I have nothing left. In every day that I get to get up and breathe and serve Him I am living in His goodness. He is with me. He won’t let go. And as the war wages on, as the battle continues. And as the short time home is here, He still desires to be God. And He can still be the only one on the throne. 


Application- I will check in with my teammate the week I am home and have her keep me accountable to standing fast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8