IBS 43 - PHILIPPIANS 3:10


that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
Philippians 3:10 

I must die and live in Him. It’s easy to live life in the flesh. I have found myself before thinking I was dying to myself and my desires when really that’s all I was walking in. When I’ve been called to conform to His death. Because in that, in dying to sin, I live in Him. Jesus rising again on the third day changed everything. Not only did He predict His death and resurrection but He actually did it. Christ hung on a cross for me. He was beaten beyond recognition. He endured suffering an persecution. People made in of Him, spat on Him. Left Him bloody and bruised and dead. When He said “ it is finished “ it was done. He then rose on the third day. Ascended into heaven and is now preparing a place for me. So now I am called to follow Him. And He promised sufferings, He let me know it wasn’t going to be easy, He said to know I would be hated because they first hated Him. He told me I must die to me, and what I want and what I think I deserve. He said I could accept His gift of salvation and eternal life. That I would be freely given peace, and joy and love. That I wouldn’t have to work my way into heaven. He paid it all. I jut need to come to him, surrender myself, and die to my flesh. But that all of this I wouldn’t do alone. He walks with me. And He would most definitely understand. They hated Him first. But still He desires for all to know Him and be saved. So even though it wouldn’t be easy I must pick up my cross and be a light. Being faithful to share His gospel. And that even in my weakness and unfaithfulness He would remain faithful and steadfast. And all this so I may know Him and His sufferings. And rejoice in the power of God. Because He is risen. All glory, honor, and power is His. 


Application - l will write “ it is finished “ on a piece of paper and put it in my bible. Anna will keep me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8