IBS 41 - PHILIPPIANS 3:8

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
Philippians 3:8


I must let go of all that is no longer a part of my life in Him and grab on to Him. To count it all as loss is huge, and it’s hard to do. I find myself holding onto whatever I find comfortable even if it’s not Jesus. And it’s in those “ little “ compromises that then we can find ourselves on a path we’d rather not go down. So if I choose to not count all things loss, and I choose not to suffer the loss and count them as rubbish.. I gain nothing. But if for the excellence of the knowledge of my Jesus, I count the cost, I choose the hard and to suffer the loss. I gain everything. Everything. Because I know I will never lack in Him. He is sufficient for every need. Yet this is hard for me. Because I can know all this in my head. I can connect the truth as knowledge in my head. But my desire is to connect it as truth and knowledge in my heart. Because I want to more than just know this, I want to believe it in my heart and live it. So now I ask myself what can I count as loss? What must I choose to let go of that I’ve been holding onto? What are the little compromises I’ve made? What may be things I laid down then picked back up? For me it is music, I must let go of “ preference “ and choose to walk in obedience. It honestly isn’t easy, but I know He’s calling me to more than myself. So I must let go and choose Him. Count it as rubbish and let go. Because He has more and better. And I want to let go of this and grab onto Him. Because He is enough. 


Application - I will get rid of my secular music. Anna will hold me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8