IBS 40 - AMOS 3:3

Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
Amos 3:3

Basically, no. I believe you could try, in your own strength and believe you are making progress and walking together but really you can’t. That’s double mindedness. To want to walk together someplace but walking in disunity by not agreeing. In learning from our class project it’s not always easy. Even just two people can with to very different ideas on how to get to the same place. But if there isn’t compromise and meeting each other in the middle. A lot of the time it won’t get done. And if it does, it won’t be to what it could have been. It’s easy to believe we’re walking in unity when really we’re not. I have had to learn in this week what it means to die to myself in not always sharing my opinion. Because between the 16 of us there are a lot. But God in all His sovereignty has brought us together for a greater purpose than ourselves. So I believe as a whole we have learned what it means to want to get somewhere together on different pages and wanting to get there but being on the same page. I believe when we choose to fight in our flesh we fight with the flesh. We make our battle against those who are flesh and blood. Those we can see, those we can disagree with. But if we are to just fight in Spirit against the spirit of division, it changes the game. When we choose to love another more than ourselves we can then move forward in a way that is profitable. It’s not always easy. At times dying to ourselves is the hardest thing we will do, but it will also be one of the most profitable things we do. To learn to love one above ourselves changes the way we love, the way we live, and the way we walk with others. So as much I think no, two can’t walk together unless they agree. I think yes, two can run together if brought together in the Spirit. Because His heart for His people is Unity, and Love, and Peace. 


Application- I will write “ walk in love “ on my warm. Anna will keep me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8