IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
Matthew 18:15

I don’t like conflict. I don’t like telling people when I feel that I’ve been wronged. It makes me afraid. I have a hard to time with people pleasing. So making someone upset isn’t something I enjoy. So going to someone if I feel I’ve been wronged is hard. For what seems like years, God has been growing me in this area. I have had a fun time in a lot of different relationships and having to deal with resolving conflict. Which hasn’t been easy. Because I know He desires for His body to live in unity. But fear cripples me from saying anything. Yet here we’ve been called to go, seek out our brother or sister, and resolve it. It’s love. That is something that has taken me a while to start grasping. Because I have to love them more than I love my self to seek out restoration. Me not doing that is me loving myself more. It’s me not dying to my flesh. But seeking them out is me loving them because I have to die to me. I don’t always do that, but then bitterness so easily becomes a thing. I just bite my tongue keep it in and become angry or distant which is so sad. But here in Ignite the Lord has shown me how I can trust Him in this. Because He desires unity within His people so I can trust Him with my heart, and I can trust Him with them whatever their response might be. I’ve started to have a voice. I’ve also learned what it means to really seek reconciliation in love. Not even with people here, but the Lord just completely rocking my world by bringing them to me. And it has been so beautiful. A weight has been lifted because Ive been able to let go of the bitterness and anger and resentment. I’ve been able to come back together in unity with my family. I’ve been able to see His grace in my weakness. And I’ve been able to see His transforming power, bringing relationships back to life that I thought would be forever dead. Because in the end it’s not about me. Its not about them. It’s all for Him. To glorify Him. To exalt Him. To make Him known. 


Application - I will write “ You will be known by your love “ on my arm and pray with Taniella. 

Comments

  1. I rejoice in knowing how God is working in your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8