IBS 37 - ROMANS 12:6

And having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;
Romans 12:6

The body wouldn’t be the body if it was missing a leg or an arm. As much as those parts of us are essential to our daily lives. In the same way, each is needed for the Body to move. We all have received grace because of Jesus. And we have all been gifted with different things because of His grace. It is easy to look at your brother or sister and see what they have or to see a different maturity in the similar giftings you have and be jealous. For me that was difficult. I could seen those around me growing or being given opportunities to grow and I was struggling with being jealous. I wanted to grow and be used. But my eyes were on the wrong thing. I was seeking acceptance, I was seeking to be fulfilled my calling. I was seeking to be recognized and applauded when really the gift and the calling as beautiful as they were, were never going to be enough. It was Jesus. He was to be my only satisfaction. And I needed to learn that before I could grow. Because I wasn’t seeking Him in His word or in prayer. I was looking at others hoping to grow by what I saw them doing and not by seeking Him. I thought if I just looked holy enough of churchy enough. Or if I could just play the part right. And it’s crazy because I wasted so much time trying to appear holy when He really wanted to make me holy. Because in the end it isn’t me. And it wouldn’t be anything I could muster up. Because it’s all by His grace. My faith was lacking and my knowledge of His transforming grace was lacking. But as I let go of my pride and was humbled He came through and changed it. He started to open doors He started to grow me in my gifts and calling. And it was no longer about me, but Him getting the glory. Pride is a huge thing that can ruin the beauty of what God desires to do. But praise Him that He doesn’t fail and faithfully pursues me. And He desire to unite us to Him by His grace through giftings and callings. But more than anything through His grace that He has shown us through His son.


Application - I will write “ No Striving, Rest in Grace “ on my arm as a reminder. Anna will keep me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8