IBS 36 - 1 JOHN 1:5-7

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1:5-7 

This was the message that they heard from Him. And now he is sharing it with us. I’ve been walking in bitterness. I was hurt and I struggled with letting it go. A person I loved dearly and whether it was intentional or not I felt rejected. It went from being one of my closest relationships to someone that felt like a stranger. And that was hard, I was deceiving myself for a while thinking I was okay. Thinking I wasn’t upset. When really bitterness and disunity were taking root in my heart. I can look back and see how God has been working on that everyday since I’ve been here. This verse, well really this book has convicted me to let go. Give Him the bitterness and to love. I know they love the Lord and I know even though I struggled that I love Him too. I desire to walk in His light and in His love even though it may be hard. But I don’t want to continue to walk in bitterness or darkness. And I know He will cleanse me from all of it.  And that restoration will come. And that unity can be restored because He has paid it all. I want to walk in the light.


Application - I will pray for them for the next week. Emily will keep me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8