IBS 32 - LUKE 17:7-10

“Will any one of you who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come at once and recline at table'? Will he not rather say to him, 'Prepare supper for me, and dress properly, and serve me while I eat and drink, and afterward you will eat and drink'? Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'"
Luke 17:7-10


We don’t deserve anything. We don’t deserve to be carried to the table. This is what this showed me. We deserve nothing in our sin we are dead and have freely been given life. It is a faith thing to trust that He sees. At least for myself I know I like to be told “ Good Job “. I like getting the pat on the back. I like that feeling of knowing someone saw. But it isn’t always like that. It is easy to live for acknowledgement but really anything I do in and of myself is nothing. It’s easy to take pride in what we do when really anything that He does in and through me wasn’t me. It’s Him. I can’t take pride in something that wasn’t me. I don’t deserve a medal or reward, because it’s not me. It’s Him and His Spirit. Yet we try to elevate ourselves because we want to feel known. God is love. God is just. He sees all of it. He brings us to the table. But He knows our humanity and our tendency to become prideful even though He brought us to the table. Because we just did what was our duty. We don’t deserve it and we couldn’t earn it. Still He gives it to us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8