IBS 9 - 2 CORINTHIANS 1:12

For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you.
2 Corinthians 1:12 

We are saved by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. We live in this world even if we are not to be of it. The ways we live says a lot about it. If we say something and live differently to what we say we are hypocrites. Something my dad told me when I first joined ministry was that people are always watching, and that I needed to live as if I was always speaking into a microphone. Honestly as worldly as that winsome could’ve been, hearing that sparked something in me. I began to seek the Lord in my ways of speaking, acting, leading. I honestly experienced a freedom unlike anything I’d ever known. In His will, I was free. But it was in the moments that i tried to do it on my own that the weigh became to much to carry. Because I was trying to fit an image of being perfect, never being wrong, and never failing. I wasn’t free. It was death and bondage. It was like trying to breathe underwater. And God in all His faithfulness was calling me back. Reminding me I was perfect in Him. That He had equipped me, and called me. He called me chosen and beloved. And that in my failure He was working. So as much as I was to walk in orderly conduct, I was free. The Corinthians knew Paul was human and that he failed and was broken. But they also were being reminded that as Paul was yielding to the Spirit, it was no longer him. It was the Spirit living in and through him. That enabled him to have a clear conscience knowing that he had walked in the Spirit and not earthly wisdom. 


Application- I will write the verse on my arm and remember it/ pray on it through the day. Tessia will keep me accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8