IBS 7 - PSALM 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!
Psalms 111:10 

The question I asked myself was what is fear of the Lord? As much as it’s where  wisdom begins, what does that look like? I’ve always heard this. Fear God, fear the Lord your God. But I don’t think I really fully ever understood it. I now somewhat understand that fearing the Lord isn’t bad. It’s standing in awe of His majesty. HE IS GOD. He reigns sovereign over creation and is the head over all. To fear Him is to acknowledge His majesty, He is my Creator. He is what was before anything was. He has no beginning and no end. To fear Him, is so much more than being afraid. It’s to be in awe because how can you not? For me there is a moment I think of when I think of fearing Him. I had just gotten home from a week long summer youth camp, right after I got saved. I had been being wrecked all week. God had been showing me His love for me in a way I never understood. Showing me His desire to know me whilst showing me who He was. Teaching and showing me that all my “ knowledge “ was going to do nothing for me. I needed Him, and I needed to know Him. After getting home the night before I woke up with a song on my mind and in my heart. “ nothing is hidden from Your sight, wherever I go You find me. You know every detail of my life, You are God and You don’t miss a thing. “ I just sat there for hours in His presence, knowing Him and being known by Him. Trusting Him, fearing Him, respecting Him. It is a moment I treasure with my God that I cling to even in the midst of my lacking knowing He desires that with me and even more than that. He is a great God, and an awesome God, Who is peace, He is just, He is loving. How not to be in awe? How not to be in fear and wonder and just praise because He is the I AM. And He loves me and desires a relationship with me. 


Application- I will write down verses about fearing the Lord and take more time to pray and seek Him and what He would have to show me in them and share it with Gabbi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8