IBS 6 - JAMES 3:13-17

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
James 3:13-17 

“ But if you harbor bitter envy or selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. “ I keep thinking about the world. The world is full of bitter envy and selfish ambition. And even people who profess as Christians deal with it. It’s wisdom of this world. And from myself. I very easily think of answers or try and find solutions to my “problems”. I think I fool myself into thinking I can figure it out and make it okay. When really, God is wisdom. He holds me in His hands and desires for me to seek Him in that unknown. I want to seek His wisdom and yet as deceitful as my heart is I really seek myself. While deciding whether or not to come to ignite I was seeking out wisdom and council everywhere. Except for God, I very flippantly brought it to Him through prayer and didn’t think about it twice after. I was struggling with this decision and then went on my way struggling with it some more, asking everyone for what they thought hoping that in some way what they said would shed some light on what God’s will was instead of just asking and seeking Him. And when I finally surrender my stubbornness and arrogance God made it so very clear what He had for me, and here I am. He is faithful to answer and give His good and perfect wisdom if we’re faithful to seek Him. 



Application - I will continue to meditate on these verses and think about 3 different times when God has lead me in His wisdom to do something. I will share them with Taniella when we get back to the lodge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8