IBS 5 - MARK 10:47-49

And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you.” And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus. So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.
Mark 10:47-52

I want to be this man. I want to have this faith. He calls out to Jesus even after they quiet him. He calls and Jesus answers and his sight is restored and he follows Him. I WANT THIS FAITH. So many times I find myself blind, and instead of crying out I say nothing. It’s almost like I’m okay being blind. All I have to do is cry out but i remain silent. So again I say, I want this mans faith. When I can’t see, I want to cry out to Jesus. I don’t want to remain blind, I want to see. See Him and follow after Him. I want my life to be more than a word service. There is a song that goes “ I called You answered and You came to my rescue and I want to be where You are “. Not only do I want to call out and trust that He will answer, but i want to follow. I don’t just want my sight restored I want to get up and follow Him. I honestly don’t even know what else to say except I know I fail. I know I don’t always get up and walk. But i trust and have faith that His work is not over yet. And He will complete it. 


Application- I will walk today. I will follow after Him. When we get home I will tell Anna about how my day went in following Him, and all my failures throughout the day and all the things God accomplished. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8