IBS 31- JOHN 12:26

If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
John 12:26

This speaks of abandon. Forsaking it all and counting the cost to serve and follow after Christ. To serve Christ we must follow, and wherever He be there must we be also. To forsake our desire and just be there where He calls. I’ve found myself wanting to serve but not wanting to follow. Saying “ Lord give me something here. “ When He’s calling me out further and deeper because He has a bigger plan, but me in my stubbornness. I want to stay put. Yet I know when I go where He’s leading it’s better than what I have. It’s been a long process that still isn’t over. He’s begun the work and I trust He will finish it. But I get comfortable. I follow Him into a new season, then when I get my bearings I fix my eyes back on myself or the new things I enjoy. When really I still should be fixed on Him. So again I must be broken and learn to follow and serve ONLY Him. And I can trust that He will finish the work that He began. 


Application- I will pray with Anna for brokenness and a willingness to follow and serve wherever He leads. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8