IBS 29- ROMANS 15:1

We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:1


I don’t always find it easy to bear burdens. I find it to be quite difficult at times actually. Especially when they don’t necessarily want that. I like to please people. I struggle with making expectations for myself that I think others will or do have on me. To bear each others burdens is Love. It’s not about me. It’s not about my need to please but for my brothers and sisters to be set free. So often we walk in strength and don’t look out for the interests of our brothers and sisters...  but shouldn’t we? Shouldn’t we be aiding in the edification? Sharpening iron with iron and building each other up? If I see a lack in my brother or sister why would I continue and ignore the weakness? Is anything, I should bear the burden by praying and interceding for them. Being able to bear each others burdens is one of the most important and beneficial things we can do. 


Application- I will seek the Lord in a way that I can help bear burdens within the body here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8