IBS 28 - GALATIANS 5:13

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Galatians 5:13

Right after I got saved I dumped all my music. I literally had hundreds of songs I just had to let go of. It was hard. I LOVE music. Music is a very big part of my normal day. So it was hard to not have it. But I had to let God strip it away. Because it was all part of the old man. As I got further in my walk with the Lord I started thinking about whether or not I could listen to some of it again. I knew 100% that some were never to be listened to again. So those that I thought were okayish made there way back onto my playlist. Quickly the change was seen in my sister. My sister and I were together for the majority of the day so basically anything I listened to she listened to. When I started again I realized how much my decisions affected her. Just because I could didn’t mean that I should. Honestly it was an easy choice then, but it isn’t always. With music it seemed easy to give it up because I love her, I don’t want her to stumble. But in other things it wasn’t so easy. With movies, or even memes which seem silly but they affect so much. Out of love I had to lay those down because why would I want to stumble my sister. All things are permissible not all things are profitable. 


Application- I will write my sister an apology letter for not always loving her in laying down my “ freedoms “. I will share it with her next WiFi time. Emily will hold me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8