IBS 26 - EPHESIANS 5:21

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:21


I find this hard. I find myself wanting to, even if not out loud, be the one that’s heard. I have a hard time submitting in my heart. I seem to want to have the last word and have it my way. But to work as a team, as a unit, as a body. It doesn’t work that way. As much as leadership is necessary, submission is necessary. To be able to meet each other in our weaknesses is what i believe to be one of our biggest strengths. To be able to relate to one another and help each other up is huge. Today we went snow shoeing. I’ve never gone before and I was really excited to go. It was a lot harder for me than I expected. I kept sinking. And my pride was deeply hurt. I was ashamed, I felt embarrassed and I wanted to give up. Yet every time I was done my family was there to help me up. I wasn’t left, they didn’t push me deeper into the snow. They helped me back up, they put my feet on solid ground and helped me go deeper. They didn’t want me to miss the experience and were willing to come alongside and help me. All along I was fighting lies. So to say I was feeling weak and vulnerable would be an understatement. Yet I knew I could trust my family and that they would help me push through. I made it to the end. I got to see the beauty. I was able to snow shoe for the first time. And I was able to come to a place of brokenness that I know is needed. My pride still hurt and I still felt embarrassed. But I knew He was there. I couldn’t doubt that at all. My family was meeting me where I was at. There was no discouragement or words in anger or even asking me to hurry up. Just words of encouragement telling me to push through, that I would make it and that I was doing well. I’m thankful for the family God has given me. I’m thankful for the way His body is effective in ALL areas. I am humbled because today I wasn’t working alone even when I wanted to. I had to submit and let my family lift my arms, and let God lift my arms. We worked as a team even though I wanted to find my way out. They were there to help and encourage. And I am just humbled by their hearts and they way God uses them. And I am humbled by Gods love for me. 


Application- I will write “ walk in humility. walk in submission “ on a notecard and put it in my bible. Anna will hold me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8