IBS 25 - HEBREWS 13:17

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Hebrews 13:17

I have been blessed. Before coming to Ignite I had amazing leadership. They were constantly and consistently pouring into my life. Not only with encouragement but correction in love reminding me of what we’re pressing onto. Now looking back I realize the places I had a hard time submitting. In my heart. It was easier for me to submit in action but continue in my heart. That is something God has really been refining in me. Being here at Ignite has been amazing. But I didn’t realize how much I just submit in my actions verses my heart. I don’t recall reading this verse before. But it’s say “ they are keeping watch over your souls “ which is crazy. But it shows even in the leadership here at Ignite. Their diligence and desire to pour into us. Their desire for brokenness in our lives to Christ. Their desire for us to abandon it all for Him. I see how they love and how they are keeping watching. It’s not easy, and it’s even harder when those you are loving and keeping watch over don’t submit and kick back. It can cause a lot of hurt and damage to relationships. And in the same verse we’re encouraged to “ do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you. “ So often if even just in my heart I have no joy and complain or grumble it affects the way I am able to participate. I am thankful for leaders who desire to lead us and who desire for us to have joy in all of it. Because they know it will be to our advantage. 


Application - I will thank the leaders today for keeping watch over us. On Monday I will also call back home and thank my leaders there. Anna will keep me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8