IBS 22 - ACTS 5:29

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:29


How often do I obey men instead of God? I seem to be at times easily swayed by those that are right in front of me. Those who I can see and touch, instead of God. It’s like I forget that I am no longer to please man because I am a bondservant of Christ. I have willingly, but yet in obedience given myself over to Him. I’ve chosen the better thing and given up my life for the sake of His gospel. And I have truly gained life. So why is it so easy to obey man instead of God? I mean I seem to find myself obeying rules placed before me. But when I am confronted with obedience to God I find myself struggling. Coming to ignite was a step of obedience for me. I had other plans. I had other ideas. This isn’t what I “ wanted “. But this is exactly where I knew God was leading. Yet I did everything I could to not come. But I knew very well, that if I didn’t I would be walking in disobedience. And honestly that seemed worse to me than coming to ignite. Since being here I have had the joy of seeing what God is wanting to teach me. It’s beautiful what can be accomplished and seen when we’re walking in His will. But had I given into my heart of disobedience I would’ve missed out on so much of the good that He had and has for me here. I’ve also learned that obedience to Him isn’t something I can do on my own. Because my flesh fails, and my heart is fickle. I must surrender myself and in that learn obedience. 


Application- I will write “ Obey Him “ on my arm. I will share with Emily at the end of the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8