IBS 20 - PSALM 17:15

As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
Psalms 17:15 

The definition of righteousness is being in accordance with what is just or moral. So what David is saying is He will see His face in accordance with what is just. And that he will be satisfied to awake in His likeness. We were made in His image, but sin just messed it all up. The beauty of who He made us to be was covered up. So His Son, came to die and set us free from that bondage. That freedom came with a price. And He has to take away all that comes from that sin and from the flesh. So we go through different stages of being put through the fire to burn away all that isn’t from Him. He walks with us through the process, and stands with us. He meets us in all of it. Even as it burns hotter and hotter. He holds us as we falter. Because He knows our satisfaction is in Him. Even when we doubt, even when we fail, even when we let go, even when we try to walk away, He remains true to Himself and true to His word. Because He knows we are His portion and He is our prize. So I want to continue the process of being molded more like Him. Even when it’s hard and even when it hurts. And even in the midst of the days or the nights, I will be satisfied. Because I am found in Him. He is what is set before me and He is all I need. Because all else falls away. He stands. So I will stand in Him. Because He is my contentment, He is my satisfaction. So I will press on to awake and be satisfied in His likeness. 


Application - I will write “ You are my Prize “ on my arm. Emily will keep me accountable. We will pray throughout the day and I will share with her in the evening. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8