IBS 18 - HEBREWS 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5 

Let your actions or life be without desiring what the other one has. But be content with what you have. Because He will never leave you nor forsake you. - that’s how I read this verse for it to makes sense to me. To be pure in our motives with one another is hard. We are fickle and human and so many times mess up things with our own human intentions. We do things to gain. We serve others in hope that they will “ return the favor. “ We shower others with praise hoping they’ll do the same. We try to encourage and speak powerful words into other peoples lives hoping someone will notice our “ godliness “. We desire to have what our brothers and sisters have. We see genuine faith in them and instead of praying for faith as well, we try and muster up our one hoping to one up them in whatever we’re doing. But we’re called to be content with what we have. Not that He won’t give more. But we already have more than we could ever deserve. We could easily lose our contentment because the growth isn’t fast enough, or we’re looking left and right trying to measure up to someone else. When He is our contentment. He is our salvation. He has given us all things pertaining to life and godliness, and all the lives of His children look different. But He calls us to be satisfied in Him. We as believers all have Him. But when I’m looking left and right I am not content in Him because I forget He’s right there. Because He will never leave us or forsake us. He won’t leave us for granted. He is our sufficiency. Christ it enough for me. And so believing He’ll never fail. And that He’ll never leave me. I will press on looking at Him. Trusting He’s got my brothers and sisters covered. Not desiring theirs portion but being thankful for my own. Because we all have Him. And He’s there for everyone of us. Carrying us through. 


Application-  I will write “ look at Me “ on my arm. Anna will keep me accountable. I will she’s at the end of the day how it went with her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8