IBS 17 - LUKE 3:14

Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”
Luke 3:14 

John told them to not do something they were probably used to doing. They were probably used to extorting money from people and telling lies to gain more. But John tells them what Jesus said to the adulterous woman, go and sin no more. Go and be content with what you have. Don’t continue in sin and try to gain more. You’re losing your soul. In the same way that you can find satisfaction in people or things, greed and wanting money to satisfy will never work. As much as money is useful and God has called us to be good stewards of it, we are not to have it lord over our lives. Greed tears us apart. We think we will be satisfied and feel better or fulfilled if we just get to x amount of money. But He satisfies now. I don’t need money to make me whole or to buy things with money to make me whole. He bought me with a price. Which was His life. Jesus laid Himself down willingly so that I might be free. So that I might live a life glorifying to Him. Because He knows money will never be good enough. I will always desire more. I will always desire and never be satisfied. But He knows He can. He wants me to come to Him. He knows He is my satisfaction. In every moment. He is enough. He is enough. He is enough. And no thing will ever satisfy that isn’t Him. Because every desire I have or feel He is more than enough for me. I was made to be satisfied by Him. He knows my most inner being. He sees parts of me that I don’t even see! And He desires to continue that work of redemption in every part of my life. He desire to rid me of all greed, and malice, and everything of the flesh. And He wants to full me with His Spirit everyday and give me new life. So when He answers my question of “ What shall I do?” I will follow. And be content. For He is enough. 


Application- I will fast from music for a week and seek Him in what I should do. Cait will hold me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8