IBS 16 - 1 TIMOTHY 6:6-8

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
1 Timothy 6:6-8

To be content in Christ is major. It’s key. And it’s important to living a life surrendered to Christ. It’s so easy to live self focused, and focused on our own gain. It’s easy to focus on what we don’t have. What we still want, and what we still covet that others have. We notice everything we feel entitled too, and everything we feel we’re missing out on. It’s easy to make money, or material things the goal in our lives. It’s easy to see what we have as all we “need”. When really we know, we are found in Christ. I tend to find myself worried about what I will wear, what I will eat, if I’ll have enough money. I find myself being discontent because I’m worried about everything I don’t “have”. I forget to walk in Trust. God provides for the birds of the air, the fish of the sea, even the worms and spiders and everything thing under the sun. That includes me. He will provide. It’s something I forget so easily yet He has done it since my very first moment of life: before even being born. Still it’s one of the things I forget the most. He provides my every breathe. He provides the food I eat. Even the clothes I wear. The money I can use to pay for things. At home He provided the gas I used for my car. In all thing He is faithful to give. To provide. To be sufficient. When I am spiritually low. When I feel that I have nowhere to look and nowhere to go. When I am in the lowest valley or on the highest mountain He is providing for everything. Whether I eat or drink or have nothing here in this world I know He is my satisfaction. He will provide. To be content and fulfilled is to know that I lack nothing. Because He is EVERYTHING. He is my All in all, my daily Bread, my living Water. He satisfies my hunger and quenches my thirst. I lack nothing in Him. And He won’t fail. So I trust, I press on, and I believe and know and have faith that He will without a doubt provide. 


Application - I will write “ I am satisfied in You “ on my arm and pray to be satisfied in Him throughout the day. Thalia will keep me accountable, and pray with me during the day. I will share with her at the end of the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8