IBS 13 - COLOSSIANS 1:11

strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
Colossians 1:11 

He strengthens us with all might in relation to His glorious power, so that all long suffering and patience will be with joy. We are able to do that by increasing in our knowledge of God. To count it all joy. To see all our trials and circumstances as something He is using to further my faith. It teaches me more patience and  long suffering, or perseverance. He is encouraging those in Colosse because he heard of their faith in Jesus Christ, their love for the saints, and that they are bearing fruit. It also encouraged me. He is saying press on. The testing of your faith is producing patience and perseverance. He is reminding us of the hope we have and encouraging us to press on and keep seeking Him. To seek His face and seek to know Him more. Because He has qualified us and as it says in verse 12, we can now take part in the inheritance of the saints in the light. So He desires for me to grow in patience and long suffering to glorify Him. So that by my growth in His strength I might look more and more like Him. Because as it says in verses 13 and 14, He has redeemed us by His blood and delivered us from darkness into the kingdom of the Son of His Love. So I will press on in His strength knowing and trusting He is producing patience, and teaching me how to persevere and suffer long. He first endured and counted the cost for me. I now give my all for Him. He counted it all joy so that we may be made new by His blood. I will now count it all joy when He is growing my patience and teaching me how to persevere. Even when it’s hard and the trial is hard. I will press on and count it all joy. 


Application - I will write “ count it all joy “ on my arm and pray when I see it. Kaydra will hold me accountable and I will share with her at the end of the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8