IBS 10 - EPHESIANS 5:15-17

See then that you walk carefully, diligently, perfectly, maturely. 

Wow. This is one of my favorites. The days are evil and we’re called to redeem the times. So many are walking, as Paul puts it, like fools. Fulfilling any desire they have. Looking left and right at what others have, complaining and walking not in wisdom but foolishness. “ Therefore do not be unwise but understand the will of the Lord. “ In verse 15 it tells us His will. He desires for us to walk carefully, diligently, perfectly, maturely. We represent Christ. We are who people see. He chooses to use earthen broken vessels for heavenly things. He calls us to walk as He walked. Not in our own strength as He knows we will fail, but we have His spirit. None of it has to be done on our own. He desires for us to come close and see Him. There is a song that goes “ where You go I’ll go, what You say I’ll say, what You pray I’ll pray “ and this is what i believe He is calling us to do. He wants us to understand that, to follow His heart and His Spirit. In surrender, we are free in His will. His will is for us to know Him and be known by Him. He desires to renew our hearts and minds. Making us more like Him. Worthy of the calling. He loves us. He desires to be out wisdom. Helping us apply the knowledge in our lives. Living it out, doing more than just knowing it. But walking in it. Following His example. In His will, I am free. 


Application - I will walk in freedom today. I will screenshot a verse and put it as my lock screen to be reminded of it all day. Praying and seeking Him in His will. Anna will keep me accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 59 - PSALM 25:4-5

IBS 39 - MATTHEW 18:15

IBS 78 - LUKE 3:8